Edinburgh or Glasgow
We’re looking for an experienced design manager to join the UX & Design team in Edinburgh or Glasgow, Scotland.
FanDuel has a suite of products serving millions of customers in the US market, in particular our pioneering daily fantasy sports app and, as of 2018, our best in class Sportsbook. You’ll be responsible for the overall product design quality and success of that Sportsbook product.
You’ll be based in either our Edinburgh or Glasgow office (your choice).
- Strong design background: You won’t be deep in the pixels very often, but you’ll work with the product designers and UX researchers in the team to understand the problem you’re trying to solve. You’ll help them design user journeys, interfaces and experiences. You’ll use your skills in the main areas of product design such as UX design, UI design, and prototyping to help others succeed.
- Peer collaboration: You’ll work in close partnership with product, engineering, and delivery counterparts on the product to make sure the product designers are working on the right things at the right times. You’ll work with other UX & Design managers and the Head of UX & Design on strategy and vision for the team. Stakeholder management: You’ll also work closely with stakeholders from across the business to define requirements for product design work.
- People management: You’ll manage around five product designers over time, working with them on their career growth in a mentorship capacity alongside standard line management responsibilities.
- Coaching: You’ll coach a range of product designers in technical and behaviour skills. You’ll also help them to use and contribute to our design system.
- Communication: You’ll frame your design solutions and management processes with strong rationales that align teams and executives.
You have a demonstrated track record of UX design, UI design and prototyping, and you know what good looks like in the details.
You’re someone who can communicate and present the solutions and constraints of previous projects. Who has worked with other disciplines to ship quality products beyond handing off designs. You regularly lead design on projects and work with peers and stakeholders on strategy.
You have a very solid understanding of how good design can drive business metrics and how to measure that.
You have experience managing other people and you can demonstrate a desire to learn and improve constantly as a people manager. You’re excited about the prospect of growing and developing talent within the team and being involved in hiring new team members.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of design and process. Show us that you have a good understanding of UX and UI design, prototyping, and solid decision making processes so you can help the team succeed in those areas. That you have worked with delivery teams to ship good products. It might be a portfolio, it might be case studies, it might be something else that demonstrates your skills and knowledge. You know that you need to tell us about the work, the constraints, decisions, and challenges, as well as showing it.
- Details of your leadership and management experience. Talk to us about how you have developed these skills, and what your processes currently are for leading teams and/or managing and developing people.
We’re serious about career development at FanDuel. All our managers are trained with a focus on continuous development and a drive to help you reach your potential while you help others do the same. Your manager will help you use our career framework to progress and grow over time. You’ll set development goals which your manager and our Talent team can support you to achieve through advice and a training budget.
- An exciting environment with opportunities for real growth
- A supportive, trusting and open work environment
- Build innovative products used by a highly passionate user base
- 10% time and regular hack days
- Learning and development opportunities, including conference attendance
- Flexible holiday allowance
- Pension with company contribution
- Private medical coverage
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don’t tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.