Product Designer, Fantasy Sports
New York City
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
You’ll be part of the design team for our pioneering daily fantasy sports product in America. Joining a growing UX & Design team, working on innovative new features and building upon the existing experiences that our customers love.
You’ll use your UX, UI, prototyping, and product skills to craft exciting, valuable experiences for our customers on iOS, Android, and web apps.
You’ll work on projects with a lot of self-direction or lead smaller projects. You’ll take on these projects with guidance and help and be responsible for the design outcomes. The UX & Design team collaborate with Product Managers, engineers, commercial stakeholders and more to deliver great experiences. You’ll be an integrated part of the end-to-end product development process, influencing the customer at all stages.
You’ll identify constraints with the projects, and work to overcome them. You’ll seek out feedback from the team, your manager, and stakeholders to inform design direction. You’ll contribute to project and team meetings, and you’ll showcase and discuss your work often.
You’ll attend recruiting events and help the team assess new candidates in our hiring processes. You’ll receive coaching in technical and behavioral skills and develop your own coaching skills. You’ll run basic research sessions if needed, with support from the UX Research team.
A minimum of 3+ years of post-graduate experience working in a UX or Product Design role is required
You’re strong and capable in standard product design processes. You have a depth of technical understanding of design, and the maturity to identify appropriate methods for each project.
You’ve contributed to shipped projects and can demonstrate the relevant design skills and collaboration within those projects.
You have a good understanding of visual hierarchy, layout and information architecture. You’re comfortable using a design system and building on previous work in a product. You consider the wider user experience in your work and know how to gain a strong understanding of the vision and key measure of success for your projects. You have some working knowledge of user research process and methodologies.
You clearly communicate direction rationale to peers and wider teams.
- A portfolio is a must. A portfolio with case studies is better. Tell us about the work as well as showing it. Include examples of both UX and UI design.
- Have any online profiles like Dribbble, Behance, Codepen, etc that you think will help? Include those too.
If you have 3+ years of UX Product Design experience please elaborate. If not, please tell us how your experience is relevant to this role. What you’ll get
Beyond working with such a great team? We’re serious about career development at FanDuel. Your manager will help you set development goals and use our designer-specific career framework to grow over time, whether you see your future as an individual contributor or a people manager. All our managers have a focus on continuous development and a drive to help you reach your potential, with in-house training and a development budget.
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don’t tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.