New York City
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to join the UX & Design team in Edinburgh or Glasgow, Scotland.
FanDuel has a suite of products serving millions of customers in the US market, in particular our pioneering daily fantasy sports app and, as of 2018, our industry-leading sportsbook. You’ll work in a cross-functional, agile team on an area of one those products across web and native mobile platforms. You’ll likely move around areas of focus every 6-12 months. You’ll be based in either our Edinburgh or Glasgow office (your choice).
- UX design: Working with UX researchers, product managers, engineers, and others to understand the problem you’re trying to solve. Designing user journeys, layouts and experiences.
- UI design: Caring about the details to craft elegant and compelling designs. Executing on the visual design to bring hierarchy, affordance, and beauty to our interface.
- Prototyping: Communicating your idea to the intended audience through interaction. It might be a simple click-through journey to test with users, or it might be an intricate interaction with animation to demonstrate to an engineer who can build it.
- Communication: You’ll frame your design decisions with strong rationales that persuade peers and executives.
- Execution: Helping to really ship products at every step of the process, far beyond handing off designs.
- Iteration: You’ll work closely with research, product and data teams to determine the performance of the original solutions. This will allow you to iterate on your concept over time.
You’ll also be an integral part of the UX & Design team.
- Collaboration: We believe that working with other designers makes for better solutions. Feedback is an important part of our personal and team development and we encourage one another to engage in regular, open conversation with trust and respect about our work.
- Contribute to our design system: Helping take our mature design system, maintained by the whole team, to the next evolution.
- Grow the community: Coaching other designers in the team. Evolving our design processes, leading by example. Working on initiatives to expand the reach of UX and Design in the company.
You have a demonstrated track record of UX design and UI design, ideally across web and native mobile. You’re someone who can communicate and present the decisions and constraints of previous projects. Who has worked with other disciplines to ship quality products beyond handing off designs. You already have a great portfolio to show us that reflects all of this.
It’s important you understand the iOS and Android platforms and their differences, and know when it’s right to use an existing native pattern versus something more bespoke.
You don’t need a passion for sports, but you do need a passion for understanding our sport-loving users so you can create great experiences for them.
- A portfolio is a must. A portfolio with case studies is better. Tell us about the work as well as showing it. Include examples of both UX and UI design.
- Have any online profiles like Dribbble, Behance, Codepen, etc that you think will help? Include those too.
We’re serious about career development at FanDuel. All our managers are trained with a focus on continuous development and a drive to help you reach your potential. Your manager will help you use our designer-specific career framework to progress and grow over time, whether you see your future as an individual contributor or a manager. You’ll set development goals which your manager and our Talent team can support you to achieve through advice and a training budget.
- An exciting environment with opportunities for real growth
- A supportive, trusting and open work environment
- Build innovative products used by a highly passionate user base
- 10% time and regular hack days
- Learning and development opportunities, including conference attendance
- Flexible holiday allowance
- Pension with company contribution
- Private medical coverage
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don’t tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.